Monday, March 14, 2011

Baby Whisperer

This is the nickname that Jordan has given himself.  Jordan and I would both love to be parents, but this is not the right time, so we borrow our friends' babies or pitch in whenever we can.  I was helping my friend, Katie, study for her PRAXIS exam and Jordan tagged along to watch her new baby, Jared.  Needless to say, we got in a ton of studying without any interuptions.  Jordan even put the baby to sleep. 

The next night Katie came over to our house to study again while Jordan was at his own test reveiw at the U.  Jared started to get really fussy and started crying.  I took him so that Katie could keep studying.  I took him to the laundry room in our complex so I could change the laundry and I kept talking to him and bouncing him and cuddling him (all while moving the laundry around, mind you) and he kept wailing.  Jordan got home and saw us.  He took the baby and within a minute Jared was quiet.  Jared didn't make a fuss the rest of the night. 

Babies and kids just love him.  I am really luck to have picked Jordan to be the father of my children.  I know he will be a really good daddy some day. 

Here's us with Baby Jared at his blessing

3 comments:

  1. On that same note, toddler Liam misses his favorite aunt! He has so many exciting new tricks to show you how he is growing up! Hope to see you guys soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too cute! You both can come watch our girls, we'll take a break any day! Or you can both play with the girls when we come to visit in July too. Can't wait to meet your husband, we haven't met him yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, we would gladly take the girls for a while!

    April, we can't wait to see Liam's tricks! By the way did I tell you that when we do have a little boy Jordan wants to name him Liam? Let me know if you mind.

    ReplyDelete