Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Healthy Living... We're gonna give it a go.

So both Jordan and I have gone to the doctor's this last week for completely non-related reasons.  The verdict for both of us.... Exercise.  Dr. Boud told me that in exchange for some jiggeterizing/energizing magic pills that he will give me I in turn have to devote my life to exercising.  Seriously, 6 times a week, every week, for the rest of my life.  (After about a month the goal is to not need magic pills to have basic motivation.) Then he said while I'm at it that he's also prescribing Jordan to follow the same advice.  Hee hee hee. 

We are also dedicating ourselves to being better eaters.  Already today, Jordan turned down buying 3 delicious cookies with a Subway sandwich for $1.29 and I brought all the cupcake cookies that I baked this weekend to work.  Baby steps, everyone, baby steps. 

Here's my biggest problem with exercise, though.  It bores me.  So we would appreciate any support, love, freshly grown vegetables from your garden, that you can give us.  This is the rest of my life we're talking about afterall.

4 comments:

  1. You should come to my aerobics class, it's ABsolutely killer. I can be your personal trainer now again, if you want, now that I'm official and everything. Free of charge. I've got some fun new workouts up my sleeves. I wish I was back in Utah, and we could exercise together. Anytime you want to go for a walk and chat, let me know, at least we can be long distance training buddies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GO FOR IT GUYS! Your bodies will love you for it. We made a dramtic swtich a few years ago and it makes all the difference. We rarely eat sugar and never have fizzy drinks. Raw veggies are best and organic wherever you can! Save the cupcakes for special ocassions and just love knowing you are worth being looked after! WOO HOO, I am proud of you guys! So exciting. I am your Aussie gal pal anytime you want to chat about exercise and healthy eating, I'm passionate about it! LOVE YA xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about needing it to be exciting! I love Zumba, they have classes all over if you look online, and I have the DVDs if you want to try those out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you considered changing your diet? Nick and I eat mainly paleo, we've lost 50 lbs together and it was a tough 3 weeks, but I'll never go back. I guess having a gluten intolerance helps that.

    ReplyDelete